Our mission is to be agents of change; to inspire people who have never traveled before to do so, and to inspire others to do more. To encourage all cultures of the world to see disability as an integral part of life, and to provide the motivation and tools to the tourism industry to allow them to create accessible environments that enable inclusion in an economically sustainable way.
Travability is a licensed Travel Agency registered in Victoria Australia operating under license number 32615.
We offer a full travel agency service from itinerary planning, flight and hotel bookings, attractions, hire cars or vans (with hand controls if required), cruising holidays, private yacht charters and fully escorted group tours. We are continually expanding our contacts to offer the greatest variety possible of accessible and inclusive holidays worldwide.
For tourists inbound to Australia we can provide an additional concierge service to make your stay more enjoyable and relaxed.
For international travelers we have an extensive network of international travel agents contact us with your requirements and we will put you in contact with a suitable specialist.
- Itinerary planning
- Flight and hotel bookings, attractions
- Hire cars or vans (with hand controls if required)
- Hire equipment
- Cruising holidays
- Private yacht charters and fully escorted group tours
- Business travel and conferences
- United Kingdom
- Costa Rica
- New Zealand/Australia
- Mountain biking (Whistler, Steamboat, Moab)
- Snow Sking (North America, Canada, Europe)
- Diving (Mozambique, Caribbean)
- Climbing (North America)
- Safari (Africa)
- Tall Ship Sailing (JST)
- Adventure (Amazon, Galapagos, Nepal, New Zealand)
Travability is committed to the accessible tourism sector. Our vision is to make the world accessible to all. We offer full training services for both front line staff and management in the needs and requirements of of the disabled community. Further we offer cultural change courses on the concept of inclusivity not just accessibility.
Many attractions and accommodation establishments have high accessible facilities as a result of ADA or other legislative compliance requirements. Often those facilities are poorly marketed or not marketed at all. Even the basics of good site accessibility maps are not present on attraction web sites. We can help develop the basic information requirements and presentation to allow your facilities to be identified and enjoyed.
We have developed a rating guide for accommodation and with the impending accessible accommodation online booking engine are happy to perform a facilities audit and include your establishment in the new database.
Property Audits and Universal Design
Compliance with Australian design standards or the ADA is only a starting point to making a facility truly inclusive. We have a principle that good inclusive design should just blend in. Universal Design is an evolving thing centering around making as much of a facility as possible usable by all. Our audits concentrate of making improvements to things not directly covered by the design standards.
Disability Action Plans and Access Statements
We specialize in the development of customer focused disability actions plans and Access Statements designed to enhance an organization's capability to attract and service the Inclusive Tourism market.
Conference, Industry or Corporate Presentations
Both Deborah and Bill and accomplished public speakers and facilitators. Both can tailor a presentation to your needs to cover all aspects of Accessible Tourism and Inclusion, whether it is a keynote address, a capacity building workshop or a management or board training session.
TravAbility is an Inbound Destination Manager for Australia. We are members of ENAT (European Network for Accessible Tourism) and SATH (Society for Accessible Travel and Hospitality).
- Itinerary Planning
- Airports Transfers
- Car Hire
- Equipment Hire
Our presentations are designed to help your industry or tourism region understand the economics of the growing Accessible Tourism Market. We have presented short introductory sessions in plenerary settings to day long detailed workshops on how to create and market Accessible Tourism Products and Services
- 2007 SATH World Congress - Orlando Florida
- 2009 Opening Keynote SATH World Congress - Ft Lauderdale Florida
- 2011 Inaugural Access Tourism New Zealand Conference - Auckland New Zealand
- 2012 Accessible Tourism Industry Workshop Shire of South Gippsland - Korrumburra, Vic Australia
- 2012 Industry Accessible Tourism Forum Victoria Tourism Industry Association - Melbourne Australia
- 2012 Shire of Yarra Ranges Strategic Planning Workshop on Diversity and Inclusion
- 2013 Shire of Yarra Ranges Industry Accessible Tourism forums
- 2014 COTA Universal Design Conference - Universal Design Applied to Soft Infrastructure - Sydney Australia
- 2014 Destinations for All - First World Summit on Accessible Tourism - Montreal Canada
- 2014 IUCN World Parks Congress, Capacity Building Workshop on Accessibility in National Parks for people with a disability
- 2014 Michigan POHI/SXI Conference - Disability as Inspiration, Can Greater Exposure overcome this Phenomenon
- 2015 TICT State Tourism Conference - Workshop: Customers before Compliance – Inclusive and Accessible Tourism
- 2015 TICT State Tourism Conference - Breakout: A Customer Focused Approach to Inclusive and Accessible Tourism
- 2015 July 'Tourism is Everyone's Business' Regional Tourism Day - Accessibility is Good Business
- 2015 National Events Symposium - Inclusion Not Exclusion: Enhancing Events for the Accessible Tourism Market
- 2016 SATIC South Australian State Tourism Conference
- 2016 Melbourne Live - Developing Customer Focused Accessible Tourism Product
- 2017 Tourism Australia - Accessible Tourism Webinar
- 2017 Local Government NSW Tourism Conference, Taree NSW
- 2017 Accessible Qatar Conference, Doha, Qatar
- 2017 New South Wales State of Inclusion - Live Work Play Conference, Sydney Australia